Monday, October 20, 2008

Undies!!!

Okay, I am so excited. I made my first undies this weekend. Violet needed new underwear as we are stepping up the potty-thing (i.e. forcing it because she's stubborn as mud), and I didn't feel like going to Target and paying the for themwhen I could make them for free. It seems like such a silly thing, but for some reason I am more proud of these than most things I make! It feels good to sew something so practical and useful, and I did it all with scraps I had on hand. (click on picture for full-size undies fantastic-ness)

Ottobre 4/04 undies

While I'm at it, here's the Cinderella dress I made for her birthday/Halloween. We are going to Disneyland to celebrate her 3rd birthday next week, so this is what she will wear. I also bought a crown and wand from the Disney Store, but I'm waiting to give those to her until the morning of. I will post afterwards with her full regalia, but meanwhile she's been rocking this dress non-stop!

Pictures 119

Pictures 120

Those on Facebook have already seen this one, but I thought I'd post it anyway. It's a kitties Halloween skirt I made for our trip to the pumpkin patch last weekend. The thing is beyond poufy when she's not leaning against a random person's truck.

Pictures 084

You may be wondering how I got all this sewing done when my kids are so bad. The answer is: 10 minutes at a time. Also, for some reason they're way better about playing in the enclosed porch while I sew than playing by themselves while I run and clean the bathroom or whatever.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look profesh! I can see why you would be really proud of them because they are way cuter than store-bought ones!

The Cinderella dress is so amazing!! We are trying to talk Amelia into going as Snow White to Disneyland at Thanksgives, but she's been saying she wants to go as Minnie Mouse. She may compromise on Mulan, though!

Sarah said...

I want some undies, do you make them in big girl sizes?

Linky said...

Seriously Leah...you are amazing! I really need some lessons from you! WOW! How lucky are Violet and Wright to have a mommy like you!

Leah said...

LOL, I need undies too! One of these days I will get around to making adults sizes!

Denise said...

Those are TOO cute! i love that you had all the fabric already on hand. You need to go into the panty business with all your free time :) LOL!

Moving out

I've decided to combine my personal and sewing blogs into one. I'm going to leave this blog up, but I won't be posting anything...