Saturday, May 10, 2008

Some things I've been working on

Thanks to the baby from Heaven (Wright), I've been lucky enough to be able to sew lately. These pictures may make it seem like I've been prolific, but actually I've found it pretty hit or miss with my sewing time. I get interrupted so much more now, AND Ms. Violet no longer regularly naps for me. I miss those 2 hours of blissful peace every day. :( My green dress took me about 1.5 weeks of being able to sew for, oh, 5 minutes at a time, argh! I love it though, so I'll take what I can get. Anyway, here are some of my latest projects:

KwikSew 3556Back view, you can't see it super well, but I shirred it for an adjustable fit:
Some presents for my new nephew--a nursing cover w/matching burp cloths, jumbo swaddling blankets, velour/flannel washcloths, and a baby gown:
Closer view of the gown, KwikSew 3090
And the nursing cover (it's a copy of the Hooter Hiders one, no pattern):
I also made a little playdress for my niece, Ottobre Design 03/2007. It looks wide in the pic, but when worn it's just swing-y. I added the little hearts, inspired by some Gymboree dresses I've seen:
This is what Violet calls her "Tickey Mouse" dress. I made it for our Disneyland trip, which we had to cancel because Sam's parents weren't able to come out. I found this cool Mickey Mouse fabric at Wal-Mart and just had to dress Violet in it. She LOVES it. No pattern, it's just shirred & gathered rectangles:
Back view:
Funny story about this dress, I came home from an outing with Shari the other day and found out that Sam had somehow managed to find the dress--which I had hid, because otherwise she would wear it every day--for Violet and put it on her. Something was a little...off about it, though. I thought, oh geez, Sam's put another outfit on backwards, what-ever. Then I looked a little closer and realized it was on sideways! After I pointed it out to Sam, it still took him 3 more tries to get it on right! LOL, men.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Yippeeee!!!!! I'm so excited that you are blogging again! Yay for super cute sewing. I love your green dress and Vi's mickey dress is adorable. I can only hope to be as good as you are now one day in the very distant future. I think I'll sew this afternoon, you have inspred me! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I especially LOVE everything you made for Jack and Lily. You are so talented Leah! I have used my nursing cover just about everywhere and Lily has promised me that she won't bite her dress again. We'll see...
Megan

Moving out

I've decided to combine my personal and sewing blogs into one. I'm going to leave this blog up, but I won't be posting anything...