...cooking dinner whilst enduring the nostril-raping odor of your dad's nearby feet. It smells like week-old salami left out in an Egyptian sewer. He hath devised a two-pronged attack so that when you first step through the front door, you pass directly over his abandoned shoes. Synthetic, non-breathing shoes + no socks = unprecedented & unnatural chemical compositions. Then, before you realize you should not be breathing anymore (coma imminent!), you must walk by the other half of the team: his actual bare feet, left out to air in the closed-window environs of the living room.
It is insidious. I am three rooms away, and I can still memory-smell it, like it has left airborne molecules in my nose.
And now I must go make tri-tip steak and baked potatoes, armed only with minced garlic and one lone Mackintosh Apple scented Yankee Candle. I shall put the candle at the edge of the counter closest to the living room, to ward off as much as I can...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Moving out
I've decided to combine my personal and sewing blogs into one. I'm going to leave this blog up, but I won't be posting anything...
-
Can we talk about Sunday morning? Ugh. First of all, it contains that word, morning . Most mornings, I creak out of bed, every atom of my ...
-
Oh, my beloved Trader Joe's, located in the retail center of a phony "Traditionally Designed Neighborhood", where Bouganvilla ...
-
PSA: Last night Sam showed up for TV time with some sort of Fanta & vanilla ice cream concoction that I'm calling a Creamsicle Floa...
3 comments:
You crack me up!!! Does your dad read your blogs? I hope the smell has cleared out by now.
No, he doesn't, thank goodness! Today he stuck with slippers, whew.
He He He! I'm so sorry for your poor nose. My thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment