Thursday, June 5, 2008

'Bucks Imbibing

It's no secret that one of my favorite places in the world is Starbucks. This is very convenient, because it means that my favorite place actually exists all over the world. Well, pretty much. Seriously though, I love corporate greed in this case. Really works out in my favor.

The other day at my Vons--which HAS AN ACTUAL STARBUCKS INSIDE IT, making it the bestest grocery store ever besides Trader Joe's--the most wonderful thing happened. As I was walking out with my groceries, I heard a little voice near my ear say, "would you like to try a sample of Mint & Chocolate Chip Frappuccino and Chocolate Cream Cheese muffin?" I stopped, backed up my cart, and there to my right was a Starbucks employee offering up a tray of deliciousness. She was like a fairy godmother in a green apron. The sample Mint & Chocolate Chip Frappuccino? Free, mini orgasm in a 2 oz cup. I so drove home with a clown grin on my face.

In honor of my little unexpected happy today, I thought I would list off my favorite Starbucks drinks and pastries. Since I rarely order the fou-fou drinks off the menu, except when I'm really treating myself, these are my standbys. All of them are around $2, although if it's around meal time I get the pastry as well and count it as breakfast or lunch or whatever:

1. Chai Tea Misto w/one teabag & 2% milk (for grande size): half Chai tea and half steamed milk. I loooooove this drink because it has that wonderful Christmas-y spicy taste with the sugaryness, calories, and expense of a latte. Pair it with a blueberry scone and I'm in heaven.

2. Iced Cafe con Leche: Iced coffee with sweetener--I like 2 pumps--and milk. This frosty beverage is perfect on a hot day where you want to have coffee but not sweat buckets. Also, it's not disgustingly sweet or fatty, so it's guilt-free. Wonderful with a cranberry orange scone.

3. Venti Passion Iced Tea w/full sweetener: Gorgeous jewel-toned purple liquid swirling around my clear cup, quenching my thirst. Yay. It has no caffeine, and is lo-cal excepting the sugar. I love this one with a low-fat blueberry apricot muffin. Light AND yummy!

4. Regular Drip Coffee w/1/2 & 1/2: Good 'ol coffee & cream. You can't go wrong with this standby unless you don't actually like coffee, in which case feel free to order a $4 ice cream *cough* Frappuccino and be honest about it. :) Seriously though, their coffee is generally pretty strong, so I don't blame those who don't like it. My mom gets hers half water, half coffee with a shot of raspberry syrup & whipped cream on top. I say more power to her!

Small child is making grunty/crying noises, so I must wipe the drool off my keyboard and go be Mommy again.

No comments:

Moving out

I've decided to combine my personal and sewing blogs into one. I'm going to leave this blog up, but I won't be posting anything...